Friday, March 01, 2013

As we approached...

...7pm on Feb 28th, and thus 8pm in Rome, we paused and prayed for our beloved  Benedict XVI and for our future Holy Father...

I was with a Catholic student group, giving a lecture, and in the rather bleak modern lecture hall, suddenly we were at one with Rome.

Spent most of the day travelling, and using my new laptop to complete an essay. It felt good when I had completed it...just a few footnotes to double-check and the details of the Bibliography to complete. On the journey home, I opened up the laptop again, and with a couple of misplaced clicks on the mouse, had lost the entire week's work.

People are kind. Even the ticket-collector on the train tried to help, and summoned another passenger who also did his best. Later, on the local train trundling back through the suburbs from London, I was offered a seat and sank into it gratefully.  "Had a tough day?" asked the chap next to me sympathetically "A bit. Lost an essay on my computer" So he tried to help too, checked my laptop and looked up various possibilities for locating a lost file... 

Actually I am resigned to the loss, and the general consesus seems to be: you haven't lost it. The second attempt will be much better, as you have done all ther basic mental work. Which is true,. So here goes...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could get your lost file back if you use a recovery software like Recuva:
http://www.piriform.com/recuva