Sunday, November 05, 2017

A vast crowd....

...was waiting on the steps of Westminster Cathedral for the Guy Fawkes-themed  Catholic History Walk,  At first I wasn't sure I could cope, as I didn't have a microphone...but it all went well. In order to understand the events of the reign of James I, it is of course necessary to set them in context w. the events from 1535 onwards...and in Westminster, walking along Great St Peter Street in what were once the Abbey lands, and crossing the Horseferry Road and then on down to Millbank and the river and Parliament, the events of centuries unroll...

More Catholic History walks coming up - see info here.

And - to anyone reading this who came on today's Walk, please note that the Walk this coming Thursday (Nov 9th) is NOT at Chelsea as I announced, but is a City Walk, starting 2pm at Precious Blood Church, O'Meara Street, Borough SE1.

No comments: