Thursday, October 02, 2008

I am hugely enjoying...

...the Maryvale Divinity course. For those who have asked me about it: last weekend we had lectures on "What is theology?", on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, and on Church history, including the Arians of the 4th century (yes, Newman's book etc) and on the Crusades. The latter v. topical at present, and indeed Jonathan Riley-Smith is coming to speak to The Keys, the Catholic Writers' Guild, on the subject shortly.

I'm currently working on my first essay, which is about God, theology, and the human person....

4 comments:

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Say hello to my brother Stuart please Joanna! Glad you're enjoying your course..

Jackie Parkes MJ said...

Oh just thought you could come & give us another visit about it!!

Anonymous said...

This might be useful for my "atheism" project.
As you probably know, some atheists are now trying to have theology removed as a university subject.

Margaret Wickware said...

Hello Johanna:

I read with interest that you are beginning studies at Maryvale. It is really a very special place. I have taken a number of courses there in the recent past and I enjoyed each one immensely. Since I live in Wimbledon which is relatively quite near you, I would be happy to loan you books from time to time.