Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Life is complicated...

...at present as both my computer and Jamie's are out of action. I am taking them both to a nephew tomorrow to mend. (Nephews are among the most wonderful things that life has so far brought me).

It gets v. exhausting working without a computer at home. Yesterday I cycled to the local Library, got some work done on the computer there and then had to leave as they Closed for Lunch. Had a sandwich, went to Post Office, got on with various letters etc in cafe over cup of coffee. Returned to library, hurried through as much work as I could before the computer timed-out. Library staff had v. kindly allowed me a bit of extra time but that was all. Got back on bike, cycled to neighbouring Borough (fortunately, we live near the boundary of two London Boroughs...well, to be accurate, one London Borough and one Royal Borough). Joined Library there. Started work again. Managed to get quite a lot done. Pondered cycling to third Borough - where Mother lives. Was tired, came home and tackled housework, ironing etc instead.

Our DVD player has chosen to be out of action, too, just to show solidarity with the computers, or something. It's annoying as the Daily Telegraph is giving away a DVD series about the life of the Queen, with lots of old newsreel etc, and I am collecting the discs every day and can't watch any of them...

However, one cheering aspect of life at present is that my Big Sister has arrived from New Zealand on a family visit. It is rather fun having her around. On Sunday we had a big Family Gathering at Mother's as it was my birthday, and then Mother's later in the week. My brother A., sister-in-law D. and their family arrived, complete with delicious Tea, cake with Candles etc. It was exactly the sort of day that aunties most enjoy. Big Sis gave me a most beautiful necklace which I am wearing as I write this. I look v. elegant.

1 comment:

joannaB73 said...

My younger sister lives in new Zealand near Wellington but we haven't seen each other since she emigrated. We communicate on line though.