Monday, February 08, 2010

I have just had...

...the most extraordinary experience!

I went along to a local church hall where I was due to give a talk. The group that had invited me to speak as a local author was unconnected with the church and simply hired the hall for meetings. I arrived too early and while waiting was delighted to discover a rather good church library - several shelves of books. One was Charpentier's "How to Read the New Testament" which is on our reading-list for Maryvale. I settled down to read it, and in due course was interrupted by the arrival of a group of people including the vicar. I scrambled to my feet and introduced myself...and it turned out that he had seen a review of English Catholic Heroines in New Directions magazine, and was a member of Forward in Faith (I had noticed that this was a FiF parish...) We ended up having a fascinating conversation including chat about the Pope's new invitation to Anglicans...

And he's let me borrow the Charpentier book, which I've promised to return safely, and just today I got my latest copy of New Directions, which has lots about Anglicanorum Coelibus in it...

No comments: