Sunday, April 19, 2009

Home...

...after a round of Easter visits. Among the holiday activities was a now-traditional raid on charity-shops in the seaside town near a Bogle family home: niece and sister-in-law on a quest to Get Auntie Joanna Looking Smarter by seeking out bargains, and all of us having a great deal of fun in the process. We turned down, with some reluctance, a very smart red hat ("But Auntie Joanna, it's just YOU!") on the grounds that I didn't have any weddings or similar occasions coming up at which to wear it...our Eastertide energies were also employed in a clue-driven Easter-egg hunt in which niece and a friend found their way through clues in Latin ("Interroga Avunculum tuum") and German, and only got stuck on a quite simple English one, a jumble-up word "anepimletc".

On arrival home, a lovely bundle of letters, including a wedding invitation - so perhaps I should have got that hat after all...

2 comments:

joannaB73 said...

When my sisters and I are together we love to raid the charity shops!

Big Sis said...

I'm sure I should have been there too! When you come to NZ we'll do the "op"portunity shops and see what we come up with. We'll do well!