Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Visited...

...this school to give a talk on the life and message of St John Paul II to the VI form.  A warm welcome, and a very enjoyable morning.  It was a particular pleasure to be greeted by a pupil who, when younger, had been a prizewinner in the Schools Bible Project. Info about this year's Project is here...open to pupils at all secondary schools in Britain.

The train journey back to London goes via Richmond, so I hopped off there to do some further research for the Catholic History Walks I am leading during the next weeks. Henry VII...a royal palace and the story of the Tudors...the Friars...Bl John Henry Newman...St Elizabeth of Portgual...and more...come and learn all about it! There are several Walks organised in this lovely riverside town...a place I know well as I began my journalism, long ago,  as a junior  reporter on the local newspaper, based in the main street...

No comments: