Monday, April 20, 2015

Privacy...

...a couple of correspondents have written in demanding that I give out more information about my family - and especially about my closest elderly relatives.  I deliberately protect their privacy by not revealing any information: not their names, not the specific relationship, not their address, not any information that will reveal the address. So please stop seeking it. We have discussed this in the family and agreed to protect our privacy.

Like many other writers, I will often want to refer to personal anecdotes and will continue doing so, and will tend to refer simply to "a relation" or "a young friend" etc. Get used to it.

1 comment:

Malcolm said...

That's wise.
Even a seemingly innocent piece of information like the make of car a relative drives can be used by a fraudster, ringing up a vulnerable elderly person and seemingly with knowledge that indicates they must be form the DVLA.