Thursday, March 30, 2017

Auntie Joanna has been appointed...

...Visiting Research Fellow at St Mary's University, Twickenham.

My chief task and responsibility is to research and write a full history of the University ready for the 170th anniversary in 2020. This is quite a challenge but I began the preliminary reading this week - appropriately on the Feast of the Annunciation - and I am finding it fascinating. It's a great story about a great part of London's - and Britain's - modern history. I feel honoured and privileged to be involved with this project.

Read more about the appointment here



6 comments:

brendan said...

Congratulations.

Mary said...

Congratulations Auntie Joanna! I am sure you will bring the story to life wonderfully!

Malcolm said...

Well done. Just make sure you don't turn into a David Lodge character.

Tony Flavin said...

shared far and wide with the many alumni I know via Facebook and Twitter

Jane said...

do people still call it Simmaries (emphasis on the first syllable) as my late father, who was an alumnus, fondly referred to it?

Joanna Bogle said...

Yes...and we are Simmarians, or, more recently, simply Simmies! Alas, however, many of the young refer to it by the ubiquitous title of "Uni"