Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Pondering 2014...

...as we launch into 2015...

Highlight of 2014  for Auntie was the canonisation of Sts John XXIII and John Paul II, on that golden spring day in Rome. To be among the 2 million or more pilgrims surging in the city on that day was a glorious experience.  I cherish memories of meeting the great John Paul - and in an honoured place on the shelf in the small crowded room where I do most of my writing is the Bible that he signed for Jamie and me. He handed J. a rosary, which J. entrusted to my care and which I love using. He was "our" Pope, as he was for so many people of our generation. His picture is on the Papal Blessing that we received at our wedding - and we cherish equally the beautiful Blessing for our Silver Wedding that came from beloved Benedict XVI. How beautiful that Benedict was there at the canonisation...and how thrilling to be there in Rome when it happened,..


No comments: