Monday, August 11, 2014

A useful meeting...

...of the Ladies Ordinariate Group (LOGS) at Walsingham, held in an atmosphere of great goodwill  and sealed with prayer...we had major decisions to make about some long-term projects and also the next year's programme to plan,  and all this at a time when we are aware of the rather urgent need to foster, cherish and pass on the truths of our Christian faith in an increasingly uncertain world...

After our talking, planning, and organising, we went to the shrine of Mary, and prayed together there, putting our hopes and our work, our plans and our personal commitment, to God through the intercession of Mary and under her special protection...

On Sunday morning, a pilgrim walk along the Holy Mile, splashing barefoot through puddles...it was like being a child on the seashore and I loved it. Cars stopped to offer me a lift and at one point I thought it rude not to accept, so tentatively got into the car. But on enquiring about the time, it emerged that I still had a clear half-hour before Mass began, so I gently excused myself, and returned to the splashy road  and the green hedgerows and my Rosary.

No comments: