Monday, October 04, 2010

At the weekend...

...we had a lovely walk, in gentle rain, at Hampton Court. The river is very high at the moment. The conkers are spectacularly good this year, but the horse-chestnut trees seem to have a problem - their leaves have turned rusty and odd, and started doing so in the summer,well before there was any question of these being Autumn colours. Oh dear...
Tea at Hampton Court, in the Tiltyard. Jamie buying me some lovely lavender-scented presents at the gift shop. The riverside, rain plopping on to the water, lots of swans preening themselves.Then dusk falling and the Palace glorious in the twilight.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How romantic! Thank you for sharing your life with us, I do enjoy your blog. My husband gave me a Collegeville Bible Commentary for my birthday this year, you had mentioned it in one of your blog entries about Maryvale.

Rachel said...

I think the conker/ horse chestnut trees are suffering from a virus. As far as I am aware it is a spreading problem and I think can kill the trees as a result of weakening them. Do check these facts though- maybe someone else can add to this? You are right, though, there are lots of good conkers this year!