Monday, January 14, 2008

One of the best things...

...that has come my way over the past week is a new booklet A Way of Life for Young Catholics, by Father Stephen Wang. At just £1.95p from the CTS, it's really excellent. It has prayers, information, sections on "How to live your Catholic Faith", "Five great saints of the 20th century" "Five saints for young people" "Five ways to find a good Catholic husband or wife", lists of useful books and DVDs and websites...and lots more! It's brand-new - I picked it up in the CTS bookshop in Westminster Cathedral Piazza (one day I really am going to try to go into that shop and come out without buying something!) and I'll be passing it on. When I look back on some of the poor stuff that was available to young Catholics in the 1970s I realise what good things are around today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must order some!

Eimear said...

Thanks for the tip-off. As a young person, I'd love a copy myself, but I definitely should get my hands on a pile of them, to hand out, and for the bookstall in my university Catholic chaplaincy.

joannaB73 said...

I will get one of these for my daughter, Jennifer.

Anonymous said...

OK. I want a good Catholic wife. What are the five tricks?

the owl of the remove said...

For all the problems the good old Catholic Church in England has, the CTS is a real treasure. Even with all the millions of dollars over here, the US Church has nothing like it. I am still waiting for a copy of the Pope's Encyclical - the CTS produces nicer ones, with better print. I usually have to get my mother to buy me one and send it over here.