Friday, June 10, 2016

How's this for a God-incidence....

...here's the story:

Yesterday morning I had an email from Carol Ann Harnett at the School of the Annunciation   asking how things were going with the Catchetics course I am doing.   I had in fact been postponing writing to her: I was going to tell her that with life being so extremely busy, I was thinking of dropping the course because there just hasn't been time to tackle it properly...I am also doing a post-graduate degree elsewhere, and am involved with a great deal of journalism and TV work...I had only taken on the course because I wanted to support the School...

 But I hadn't really wanted to make the decision to drop it,  so kept putting it off...

I wrote a sort of "holding reply" to Carol Ann... naturally she wrote back urging me to keep on with the course if I could possibly do so, as I would then be among the first to complete it and be able to celebrate with the other pioneers at Buckfast Abbey in the Autumn...

So, sitting at Starbucks at  Euston station  en route to Birmingham, I  decided that as I had 20 minutes to spare, I might as well  have a go at the thing...opened up my laptop, located the next bit (Catechetics: Task C, sections 3 and 4...)  and started to tackle it....

And a voice said"The people you meet at railway stations!" and it was Carol Ann. Laden with backpack, she was on her way north and had dropped in for some coffee.. Niether of us ended up having any: she had ten minutes before her train and we spent too much of it saying "!!! How amazing!" and so on...and then she hurried off to her platform and I in due course to mine...

There are 57 million people in Britain.  Extraordinary to meet like that. And, yes, I've completed Task C and rather enjoyed it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And I enjoyed reading it. So pleased you are continuing. The Foundations in Faith for the New Evangelisation is a terrific course and well worth completing.