Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Small world....

...and a sense of community in the London suburbs  When I embarked on some post-graduate study, I found I was sharing lectures with a Dominican sister from the community that I already knew well....and with Fr J., a priest working in a local parish, whom I had met when we were having a family dinner at a restaurant in the High Street and he was joining our parish priest and some other people at a neighbouring table...

Now at college the current  - superb - lectures on church music are being given by the Music Director in the local parish.  This evening, discussing music and choirs etc it turns out he knows  my nephew and family...

This evening after lectures  Fr J. gave me a lift as far as Kingston, and  we reminisced about how we had met back at that meal on St Monica's day last year...and talked about local things...then  at Kingston I hopped on a bus...to find myself greeted by another friend, who is working with me on the TOWARDS ADVENT Festival (Sat Nov 28th - make a note in your diary), and so we chatted away cheerily, and he told me about John Newton from Aid to the Church in Need giving a talk at a meeting organised recently by Churches Together in South London....

"People today often feel isolated". The solution is to live as people in our country have done for generation after generation after generation - as part of the Church.   Quite apart from the central Divine importance of our faith, it is also a wonderful interlinking of us all...


No comments: