Friday, January 02, 2015

TODAY I SIGNED UP...

..for a course at the new School of the Annunciation, at Buckfast Abbey.  I am keen to do the course, which will offer some training in passing on the Faith to the next generation. I already hold a diploma in Evangelisation (from Maryvale) but feel the need to learn more...

And the prospect of a weekend in the glorious setting of Buckfast Abbey in Devon is immenesly attractive. The countryside is enchanting, the Abbey Church is a magnificent place of worship, and it will be wonderful to study in a place of peace and good hospitality.

If things work out properly, I hope to be able to travel on to Torquay, just a few stops down the line, to make a further visit to the Ordinariate group there (see feature below by former BBC correspondent Catherine Utley).

Applying for the course involved getting a signature from my parish priest - who is splendid and always encouraging about this sort of thing - and also writing a 300-word piece about why I wanted to sign up. The short answer is "Because I want to be part of the New Evangelisation".  The need is getting urgent. I am probably not going to be much use in evangelising, but at least I'll give it a go...

No comments: