Monday, August 05, 2013

I have been sent...

...an email urging me to join a lobby to intervene in a dispute within a branch of the Franciscan Order. As this dispute involves the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, a campaigner for the Extraordinary Form has decided to interfere.  He is not a Franciscan but a dedicated lobbyist for this particular form of the Mass.

But the dispute involves a situation within the Franciscans and to attempt to use as part of a campaign for the Extraordinary Form is quite wrong. 

The letter urging me to join the campaign  sheds light on why and how the problems within this branch of the Franciscans arose in the first place. It made me realise that the intervention by the Church authorities was probably right.

There is a useful analysis of the situation here.

I shall most certainly not be signing the round-robin letter



No comments: