Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I've got a cold...

...and am snuffly and keep stopping at coffee-shops to give myself consoling mugs of hot chocolate.

Hurried off to give a talk at a Methodist Church fellowship on the outskirts of Croydon - an agreeable ride in the tram, which swoops most satisfyingly through Wandle Park and glides round Reeves Corner - and then, via an exccellent hot choc at Wimbledon, up to London to a committee meeting of the The Keys, the Catholic Writers' Guild at St Mary Moorfields. Our splendid chaplain, Fr Peter, gave us all dinner. It was a most enjoyable evening. Melanie McDonagh is to be the new Master of the Guild, succeeding Sean O'Connor, who has done an excellent job. Sample of Melanie's writing here.

Jeremy de Satge, a committee member of The Keys, and a composer of some merit, has the premiere of his Penitential Mass for Eight Voices, at the Church of the Immaculate Conception, Farm Street on Sunday Feb 17th, at the 11 am sung Latin Mass. All are welcome. I plan to be there. As its name suggests, this is a Mass suitable for Lent and Advent, and you can read more about it here.

7 comments:

Karina Fabian said...

Hello!

You came up on my Google Alerts for "Catholic Writers Guild." I am president of the Catholic Writers Guild started here in America but with an online membership world-wide. We tried to contact your Guild though its website a couple of times in 2006 and never got a reply back. (I beleive it was yours: CWG headquartered in London.)

We were wondering if you'd be interested in starting a sister-guild interaction. Check us out at www.catholicwritersguild.org.

In addition, our Guild is co-sponsoring the first Catholic Writers' Conference Online May 2-9. this totally free conference is available to anyone with a computer. With forums as well a live chats, it's a terrific chance to meet and learn from some of the major players in the field of Catholic publishing. More details at www.conference.catholicwritersguild.org.

Please contact me through my website at www.fabianspace.com if you have any questions.

How exciting to "meet" you! Hope you feel better soon.

Karina Fabian
President, Catholic Writers' Guild

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon, Joanna.

Ann Margaret Lewis said...

Joanna, you sound like my kinda gal. No, not in that way. :) I'm a Catholic writer/blogger like you, and I'm V.P. of the Catholic Writers' Guild in America (Karina, above, geebled to me about your blog.

I do hope you feel better soon. I have a feeling I'll have a cold myself soon, as my little boy (3) has a rather nasty wet one, and mommy's always catch those next.

God bless!

joannaB73 said...

Hope you are feeling better soon; there always seems so much going on in London! So much to see and do and be a part of; it seems very quiet here! But I enjoy all the links. Thanks.

Marston Magna said...

Happy Feast of St Francis de Sales.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better Joanna..

Anonymous said...

I don't want to scare you but a friend of mine, who's only 45, has given himself a stroke. Almost certainly as a result of taking anti-cold medications containing paracetamol.