Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Dec 8th Feast of the Immaculate Conception

Reproachful comments to this Blog asking me why I am not blogging.....well, it's because the WRETCHED PROBLEMS WITH THE COMPUTER at Bogle Towers still haven't been resolved!

It's infuriating. I am writing this courtesy of a pro-life office in London, but I mustn't abuse their hospitality. Back at home....no emails....no internet......

But here goes with some news.... Yesterday I was busy all day (coffee morning in aid of Clinic for Downs Children) and all evening (babysitting delightful small niece, overnight stay). On Wednesday I was at the House of Lords - prizegiving for school pupils who achieved awards in our 2006 Schools Bible Project, an ecumenical venture of which I am chairman. Caroline (Baroness) Cox spoke most beautifully to the young prizewinners, and we had cake, and the Bible prizes were presented with handshakes and photographs.....all most enjoyable. I took the young people round Parliament, explaining its history etc, with other members of my committee....and Richard Benyon MP, (son of Sir William and Lady Benyon who are great supporters of the Project), came and met them all and talked about his work as a Member of Parliament....Richard is an old friend and was at Sandhurst with Jamie.....

All this, and I am off to the parish of BLACKFEN this evening - catching a train as soon as I have finished this - to give a talk, and then flying to Scotland tomorrow to spend a couple of days at Pluscarden Abbey.....

And I've been trying to get things organised for Christmas....we'll be staying in Somerset, with Jamie's brother and his family in their country cottage which is near where the Bogle parents live....

Oh, and I'm busy helping to judge some essays in the big competition organised by a major pro-life group. So when I'm not doing anything else, I'm reading through the most atrocious English ("aborshun is mostly wrong but them people has to have counsilling and it is about making choices.....") and trying to believe that some day, through prayer and work, we will restore a Christian culture to our poor country.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you did something about your hair before you went to the Houses of Parliament. It provided a few comments at Blackfen.

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Bogle--
Some good news from the other side of the Atlantic: President Bush has announced that Paul Johnson (yes, THAT Paul Johnson) will receive the Medal of Freedom, the highest civil award in the U.S., this month at the White House.
He is in good company; also receiving the Medal are David McCullough, Natan Sharansky, and William Safire.