Saturday, October 22, 2016

After a wonderful week...

...in America - of which much more later - I hurried from Heathrow into London by train and tube, fretting over delays  with luggage at Heathrow ansd the sloooooowness of trains on the Circle Line...

But all was well. My wonderful husband - following an urgent email message from me at Chicago airport - had taken by Dame of St Gregory Cloak and badge to Westminster Cathedral and left it, by arrangement, in the sacristy. Kind Cathedral staff  unlocked the sacristy door - all of us trying to be as quiet as possible as there was a lovely wedding taking place in the adjacent Lady Chapel - and I got the cloak, and trailed my luggage out into the piazza, thence into a taxi...and caught the great annual Procession of the Blessed Sacrament just after it crossed Lambeth Bridge. I scrambled into my cloak, which mercifully covered much of my luggage, and a kind volunteer took my other case - and there we all were, singing "Tell out my soul" and "Sweet sacrament Divine" along the streets of Southwark to St george's.  For more about the Procession read here...

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Do you ever pause to take a breath Auntie Joanna???