Thursday, December 13, 2007

Carols...

...are one of the best things about Christmas. Every year a group meets to sing at London's Victoria and Waterloo stations, organised by the excellent Yvonne W. through St Joseph's parish, Roehampton, with volunteers from the pro-life movement and Yvonne's friends and contacts... This year the parish priest, Fr David, came along too and as he has a fine voice, and we also had a violinist and a guitarist, we really did made a gladsome sound...Yvonne gave me a red Santa Claus hat and I took up my usual position as conductor in front: just waving my arms about to keep the group together and keep time...it's all hugely enjoyable, and the glorious songs rang through the station, and we raised lots and lots of money and there was a great deal of enthusiasm.

We'll be at Waterloo station next Friday, Dec 21st, from 5pm to 7pm. Come along and join us!

5 comments:

Dorothy B said...

Well done, and good luck for next week.

Whenever they strike up "O come all ye faithful", am I alone in longing to sing "Adeste fideles"? I really think the Latin version I learned as a child had the edge. It's little things like this, as well as the major things, that make me glad I'm old enough to be pre-Vatican II, despite the creaking joints. Gloria in excelsis Deo!

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful..i don't think we're doing anything similar in Birmingham..

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna

Would love to join you at Waterloo on Friday rush hour. Will music lyrics be provided, or do we need to bring our own?

Unknown said...

Hi Joanna

Would love to join you on Friday rush hour. Will lyrics be provided, or do we need to bring in our own?

Anonymous said...

Is there any truth to the story that it was a Joacobite song?